Monday, January 30, 2012

Guangzhou

Our stay in Guangzhou was decent. Gigi and I met 3 friendly fellas, Nicki and Malene (Danes, who are going to Christchurch and travelling around NZ for 3 weeks), and Emma, a Swedish girl, living in Norway, who is also on vacation. They were nice to have with us so we didn't get lost alone :) Guangzhou, just like Beijing, has no airport staff with English skills.
After ending up outside the airport, we found our way back in and got to the right gate. I was so exhausted at that point that I went to sleep on the floor with my sleeping mask and earplugs, Gigi got down next to me and while I was fast asleep, two Chinese pilots apparently saw ud and decided to take a picture of the two westerners sleeping like a couple of homeless Chinese people, whaddyahknow?!
After an hours rest I got back up, Gigi brought me chocolate and cola <3 After this grand feast I went to brush teeth, and we were ready to board.
Like in Amsterdam we had our tickets changed so that we would sit next to eachother. Apparently the procedure for doing so is rather different here. The lady at the desk called someone, said what seemed like 10 words, pause, then wrote down our new seats with a yellow marker on our boarding passes. And said goodbye to us...
Now on the plane, getting ready to take off. 12 more hours in an airplane... Can't wait to check in at a hotel and get some damn sleep! And a shower.

Attached is a picture of the 3 friendly Scandinavians (a lovely sight in crowded China). From left: Nicki, Malene, Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment