Monday, January 30, 2012

Flying with China Southern Airlines

Flying with China Southern has been a delight! It has been very positive! The staff is nice, the food is ok (it's always good when you depart from Amsterdam), and the free stuff is amazing. We all had a bag on our seat, in addition to the complimentary pillow and blanket, with a toothbrush, some toothpaste, earplugs and a sleeping mask.
The in-flight entertainment system in the Airbus A330 is amazing as well. The selection of movies and TV-shows was very chinese however, and movies were censored, China-style. I watched a movie where in one scene, a man is hanging on the edge of a cliff and the good guy then walks up him, and the next thin you see is a splash in the water.
I didn't understand anything that was being said over the speakers as the Chinese staff has limited English skills. Sadly.
Transfer and security in China is a story all by itself. More on that in a later post.
Back on the airplane, Gigi and I switched seat. The USB in the seat next to her worked so I'm borrowing his. 1/4 work, terrible.
The woman behind me began to rage when I tilted my seat back after dinner, which is allowed, so I turned around, looked at her and kindly asked her in a deep, loud voice: "Har du et problem eller hva?!" - There weren't any further issues after that.

1 comment:

  1. The last part is my favorite. You must've scared her you big Dane<3

    ReplyDelete