Monday, August 12, 2013

Meeting the boss!

Monday, 7 days has passed since I left my bed in the living room upstairs at my parent's place, and here we go, time to face the real world again, after some relaxation. Dare I say, much needed relaxation! When I went to New Zealand in 2012, there were no signs whatsoever of jetlag once I got here, I was fresh and ready to go from day one. This time around however, I am having some issues, I usually wake up around 4:30-5:00 and get sleepy around 16:00. Monday was a little better, woke up 4:45 this time, so things are moving the right way, just not as fast as I want it to...

I headed out for lunch with Jody Bullen, the CEO of Yonix, the company I will be interning for. Yonix is... well that's what I have to find out too, but here's their website: http://yonix.com/
Jody and his team have created an online document collaboration platform for Business Analysts, it's a bit like Google Docs, except it does MUCH MORE, things that if you are a BA is super awesome to have. I think that for the sake of everyone's sanity I'll stop here.

The meeting with Jody was awesome, we get along very well, as expected, and we outlined what I will be doing these next 3 months under his wing, trying to make things better, learn something and write a good report in the end. I can't share many details unfortunately, confidentiality and stuff, but as a business student this is a very interesting company to work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment