Sunday, August 18, 2013

Magic!

As in the cardgame I play, and pretty well if I may add that. More about that in a moment.

A few days has passed since my last update, so here goes: I started my internship with Yonix, and I've got my project more or less figured out.

Wellington is to my delight very much the same as last year, with awesome food at the Foodcourt where I meet with Chips just about 3 out of 5 days a week - and we're meeting again tomorrow to plan a trip to Brisbane, Australia - to play Magic.
So far things have been going well, 2nd place in the two tournaments I've participated in, a $10 investment total worth winnings worth $50 - not bad.

I've also won the earthquake lottery, in that I've actually experienced one this time here. Last year they happened over night while I was sleeping, and didn't wake me up, but this time I was wide awake and got to see things fall off shelves and people run around, that was fun.

All in all, things are quietly progressing as expected and for a study trip, this is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment