Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wherever the wind blows!

Wellington being windy is no news, but recently it has picked up and carried me in a different direction than what I expected, or was prepared for when I left Denmark a little more than a month ago.

The company I was supposed to intern for, turned out to not really have enough time for me, which lead to me being quite bored with nothing to do on a daily basis. So what is one to do? Sit around and wait? Not me.

I overheard a conversation next door and when a topic I'm knowledgeable about came up I decided that perhaps it was time to approach them, and so I did. We talked and knowing both Michael and David from my stay at the office last year we casually talked about my current situation, to which there seemed to be a solution: "Come work for us!"

After some emailing with school, a haircut, and a VISA-application, I have moved my internship to Hunter Safety Lab, who are manufacturing the IRIS, which is a truly amazing product, if you don't want to get shot (by a hunter). Check it out, it's really cool!

So that's what's been going on lately, hopefully soon I'll have more updates. I can't share much more as of right now, but things are great, and I'm looking forward to see where the wind takes me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment