Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekend with Gigi

So, I'm now in Wairarapa at the Copthorne Hotel and Resort. It's a nice hotel where Gigi is interning. The plan for the weekend is to go see a Rugby match between Hurricanes and Crusaders. Gigi's pretty sure one of the teams are staying at the hotel, but were not sure which one. Possibly the Hurricanes though as the hotel staff is rooting for them.
This hotel is far out in the middle of nowhere, so me being hungry wasn't a good thing last night, as Gigi doesn't really cook, I just had to check out what the fridge had to offer.
2 potatoes, a tomato, an onion, a leek, and a big orange potato-like thing.
I peeled the potatoes and the orange thing and boiled them. Chopped up half an onion and the rest, and fried it all. When the potatoes were done I fried them too.
It was delicious, and whatever that orange thing was, it tasted well. Even for Gigi and I, who both love meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment